Product Hunt + theSkimm + Journy + Conde Nast Traveler + The Wirecutter + Scott's Cheap Flights Experience Sweepstake Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The 'Product Hunt + theSkimm + Journy + Conde Nast Traveler + The Wirecutter + Scott's Cheap Flights Experience Sweepstake" Official Rules ("Sweepstakes") begins on 06/05/2017 at 12:00 AM (Pacific Time (US & Canada)) and ends on 07/03/2017 at 12:00 AM (Pacific Time (US & Canada)) (the "Promotion Period"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of Product Hunt, Inc. ("Primary Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Primary Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries (as defined below) and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Primary Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous states of the United States, excluding Rhode Island, who are twenty one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted two days after the end of the Promotion Period by Primary Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information approximately 48 hours after the random drawing. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Primary Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- One winner will receive 1) $1,500 in the form of e-gift card certificates. 2) 2 complimentary nights at the 5-star cinematic Park Hyatt Tokyo. 3) Tasting menu & VIP kitchen tour at the 2 Michelin starred restaurant, L'Effervescence for 2 persons. This will be on a food only basis in regards to the 12 course tasting set menu, all drinks will be at additional expense to the winner. 4) VIP travel concierge service privided for 5 days for 2 person via Journy. 5) Bose QuietComfort 35 Noise Cancelling Headphones (ARV- $350). 6) Amazon Paperwhite Kindle (ARV - $100). 7) Travelpro Platinum Magna 2 Carry-on suitcase (ARV- $250). 8). RAVPower 22000 mAh Ace Series USB Battery Portable Charger (ARV - $37). 9) Eagle Creek Pack-it Cubes (ARV - $30) 10) Eagle Creek Pack-It Slim Kit (ARV $37). 11) Bestek International Travel Worldwide Plug Adapter Set (ARV - $14). (Approximate retail value the total prize (“ARV”) not to exceed: $5000).
Only one prize will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Primary Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Primary Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Primary Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Primary Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the forty-eight (48) contiguous states of the United States, excluding Rhode Island. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form, entering your email address, and subscribing to the sponsors’ mailing lists. Limit one entry per email. Additional entries may be gained by following the social post entry buttons on the online form as directed. The entry form can be found on the following website athttps://giveaway.producthunt.com/landing?promo_id=393c827d-1c4b-4419-a66a-b41144a99658&campaign_id=1111&utm_campaign=Win-a-VIP-trip-to-Japan&utm_medium=sweeps&utm_source=Product-Hunt
Alternate Method of Entry (“AMOE”): Participants may also enter the Sweepstakes by mail as follows. On a plain 3” x 5” index card, legibly handprint or type your first name, last name, date of birth, complete address, city, state, zip code, home phone number (including area code), and email address (if any) and mail your completed 3” x 5” card to Product Hunt, 90 Gold, 3, SF, CA, 94133. Marked Product Hunt + theSkimm + Journy + Conde Nast Traveler + The Wirecutter + Scott's Cheap Flights Experience Sweepstake Official Rules Entry. To be considered eligible in the Sweepstakes, AMOE entries must be postmarked no later than 07/01/2017. Each AMOE card received will be considered as one (1) entry for that entrant. Participants may submit no more than two (2) AMOE cards per entrant.
Email entries, referral entries, and AMOE entries are collectively “Entries.” Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Primary Sponsor's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: Primary Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Primary Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Primary Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, in Primary Sponsor’s sole opinion and for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Primary Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Primary Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Primary Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the “Authorized Account Holder,” which is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Primary Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Primary Sponsor’s website, who are in violation of these Official Rules or who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, as solely determined by Primary Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Entrants, by participating, agree that the Primary Sponsor will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) or participation in this Sweepstakes. By receipt of a prize, each winner agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Primary Sponsor from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, injuries, losses, death, or damage of any kind, resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND PRIMARY SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRIZE.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE HEREIN OR OTHERWISE, PRIMARY SPONSOR AND/OR ITS VENDORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR OBLIGATED WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT OR UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR (A) ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE, GOODWILL, OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS), (B) DATA LOSS OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, AND/OR (C) ANY MATTER BEYOND SUCH PARTIES’ REASONABLE CONTROL.
8. Winner's List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to Product Hunt cc:Product Hunt + theSkimm + Journy + Conde Nast Traveler + The Wirecutter + Scott's Cheap Flights Experience Sweepstake at Product Hunt, 90 Gold, 3, SF, CA, 94133. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsors: The Primary Sponsor for the Sweepstakes is Product Hunt, Inc. Additional sponsors: theSkimm, Inc., Condé Nast Traveler, Scott's Cheap Flights, LLC, Journy, Submarine Leisure Club, Inc.
and any other relevant rules, policies or regulations.
11. Publicity Grant: Each winner, by acceptance of a prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and each of its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, in any manner, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
12. Disputes; Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the awarding of the Prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in the Northern District of California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation, lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (iv) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California law, without reference to its choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto.