2018 Miami Getaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations and where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Sweepstakes begins on 12/18/17 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends 1/18/18 at 11:59 PM ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: 2018 Miami Getaway Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (which excludes Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are 21 years of age or older, at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Wow Media Products, Inc., dba PureWow ("Sponsor"), UNIQLO, Mejuri Inc., The New Potato, PopSugar Inc., and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliated companies, dealers, sales representatives, licensees, service agencies, independent contractors, advertising and promotion agencies, web hosting and service and fulfillment providers (all of the foregoing, collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the Grand Prize winner.
2. Sponsor: The Sponsor is Wow Media Products, Inc., dba PureWow, 1261 Broadway, Suite 604, New York, NY 10001.
3. How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
1) If entering via microsite: To enter, visit https://www.purewow.com/sweepstakes/2018-fabulous-miami-weekend and complete all required fields of the onscreen registration form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing. Entries must be received by 1/18/18 at 11:59 pm ET to be included in the random drawing.
2) If entering via Instagram: To enter, follow all of the following: @PureWow, @Uniqlo, @mejuri, @thenewpotato and @popsugar on Instagram to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes random drawing. You must have a public Instagram account. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store. Entries must be received 1/18/18 at 11:59 pm ET to be included in the random drawing.
By entering, you agree to receive emails and join the newsletter lists of Sponsor, UNIQLO, Mejuri Inc., The New Potato and PopSugar Inc. No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address, regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, postage-due, illegible, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter (or associated with the Instagram account used to enter) will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
4. Selection of Grand Prize Winner and Winner Notification: One (1) Grand Prize Winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about 1/19/18. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received (as stated above) during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If the potential Grand Prize Winner entered via Instagram, he/she will be notified by direct message on Instagram via @PureWow. Potential Grand Prize Winner must respond to the direct message within forty-eight (48) hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected and notified. If the potential Grand Prize Winner entered via the microsite or mail, he/she will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address provided on the Sweepstakes entry form. Potential Grand Prize Winner must respond to the email within seven (7) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected and notified. Sponsor will send, via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release which must be executed and returned within seven (7) days. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Grand Prize Winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Grand Prize Winner's failure to respond to Instagram direct message and/or any email notification by the deadline stated within the notification; (2) the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) potential Grand Prize Winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) potential Grand Prize Winner's failure to confirm address and validly claim the prize by the deadline stated within the notification; (5) the potential Grand Prize Winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release by the deadline stated within the notification; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate Grand Prize Winner. Prize will be awarded, provided that it is validly claimed by 3/16/18, after which no alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected, nor will an unclaimed prize be awarded. Potential Grand Prize Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not the Grand Prize Winner of the prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
5. Grand Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive: A 2-night stay in COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, 1 Signature COMO Shambhala Spa treatment, a dinner and gin tasting for two (2) at Traymore Restaurant (up to $400), daily full breakfast for two (2) at Traymore Restaurant (up to $50 per day for winner and guest), a private Art Deco tour of Miami Beach for two (2), two (2) tickets to the Bass Museum of Art, a $20 Uber gift card to cover ground transportation between galleries, a $250 Sponsor-Selected gift card to be used towards air transportation, a $250 UNIQLO gift card (awarded in the form of one (1) $250 promo-code to shop at Uniqlo.com) and a $250 Mejuri gift card. The Total ARV of the Grand Prize Package is: $2,320.
Prize Restrictions: Transportation to/from winner’s home/Miami, FL is not included with prize. Travel must take place before April 14, 2018. Certain restrictions such as blackout dates from February 14, 2018 to February 25, 2018 and March 29, 2018 to April 1, 2018 apply. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitution at its sole discretion if any advertised prize (or portion of prize) becomes unavailable. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions, restrictions and an expiration dates may apply. Gift cards are prepaid cards, not a credit card or debit card. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash in any amount except when otherwise required by applicable law. Gift cards become inactive upon use of all card value. Each transaction will be debited against card balance, if transaction exceeds balance, user must pay the difference. Lost, stolen or damaged cards will not be replaced. $250 UNIQLO gift card is in the form of one (1) $250 promo-code to shop at Uniqlo.com. Unused value for each code is forfeited if order value is under $250.
6. General Conditions: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of Grand Prize winner. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof) and in the event of cancellation, the prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or (ii) entrant's participation in any prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person[s]). The Grand Prize Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. All taxes are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner, who may receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize.
Entrants, by participating, agree that the Sweepstakes Entities, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize or participation in this Sweepstakes.
8. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and potential Grand Prize Winner by accepting the prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant's name, city, state, biographical material and Instagram handle in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of Grand Prize Winner.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate State Court located in New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for Grand Prize Winner list requests, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "2018 Miami Getaway Sweepstakes”, c/o PureWow, 1261 Broadway, Suite 604, New York, NY 10001. Requests for Grand Prize Winner lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Wow Media Products, Inc. and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used in connection with this Sweepstakes or in connection with promotional or other activities of Wow Media Products, Inc.